If you find yourself with some downtime this holiday season and you are going through a divorce, we have a few suggestions for you.
You might ask why watch a movie or show about divorce when you are going through one?
In One Word – PERSPECTIVE
Sometimes it helps to see people going through a similar situation to gain some perspective on what is happening to you. We’ve created a list of our 5 favorite movies If you find yourself with a little downtime this holiday season!
- It’s Complicated (2009)
- Crazy Stupid Love (2011)
- The First Wives Club (1996)
- Under The Tuscan Sun (2003)
- Hope Floats (1998)
Great Series/Shows to Watch While Going Through a Divorce
- Girlfriend’s Guide to Divorce
- The New Adventures of Old Christine
If you missed our suggested playlist post in November, read on!
When going through such an emotional and mentally taxing time, having a sense of humor can make a huge difference. Studies show that humor is an important part of self-care. With that in mind, we have created a playlist of songs to help you keep a cool perspective on things.
- I’m Still Standing by Sir Elton John
- These Boots are Made for Walking by Nancy Sinatra
- Someone I Used to Know by Gotye
- We’re Never, Ever Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift
- Bye, Bye, Bye by N’Sync
- Here’s a Quarter, Call Someone Who Cares by Travis Tritt
- She Hates Me by Puddle of Mud
- Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus
- You’re So Vain by Carly Simon
- You Oughta Know by Alanis Morrissette